Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sorry for the wait!

Helloooo! Yesterday, February 20, 2012, was my 4 months locaversary!!! Yaaay! I'm so excited! Even though it was my babies' bday, I wore my hair all wrapped up today.  I'll explain why later. My hair has changed soooo much!
All of my babies are budding now! I guess they are teenagers, now. My favorite little boo is completely loc'd except for a curly q at the end. I have not been to the loctitian since the end of December 2011. A long time right? Well, last week I let a girl on campus who's had locs for over 10 years retwist my locs. Fail! She basically only retwisted the roots. I ended up doing them all over again and didn't do a bad job at all. I think I will do them myself until I go back home.

In other news, I hit another milestone: my first ponytail!!! This momentous occasion took place on Valentine's Day! As you can see in the picture, I have a low ponytail with a nice amount of hang time! This was my first ponytail since May 2011. I'd just washed my hair and decided to see if they could make it to a ponytail. My babies complied with ease.

I am making so much progress so quickly that I've become anxious. I have developed a serious case of "hand in loc" disease. Soooo I've decided to challenge myself to wear a scarf all week. I will probably extend my challenge every week. Maybe I can push out a whole month. I'll even challenge myself to put of pics of my styles at the end of the week! Here's a length pic for the road!

2 comments:

  1. Like this post. they look so nice in a ponytail with the curly ends. how often do you re-twist now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have a high ponytail right now lol. I retwist about every five weeks now. The longest I've gone without a retwist was six weeks.

    ReplyDelete