Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Bye bye Yarn Braids, Hello (Almost) 7 month old Locs!

It's been a while since I spoke with you all. Have you missed me?! Well I've been studying and writing papers because it's finals week! It's officially the last week of the semester, and I'm super ready to go home. Anyway, aside from studying and papers, I haven't blogged because I haven't had much to say about my hair. Having yarn braids is pretty uneventful aftera while. I did some cool styles and what not but I had nothing to say about my hair. I wasn't planning on taking the yarn braids out until Thursday when I go home because I have an appointment with my loctitian on Friday. I took them out last night though for many reasons: I missed my hair, they were all kinds of crazy colors, and I missed almost my whole sixth month of loc'ing. You might be wondering why my hair was all kinds of crazy colors (lol). Find out why after the jump!
Yesterday was the Caribbean Carnival on campus. During the carnival, they throw colors. My yarn braids were super colorful! I loved seeing all of the colors, and I even want to dye a couple of my locs purple soon! Check out the pictures of my colorful yarn braids! Ain't they beautiful?!

I absolutely loved the colors, but they had to go. The powder was getting all over the place and making my scalp itch. I decided to just take the yarn braids out instead of trying to salvage them. I was a little upset that my roots would go back to being puffy. A couple weeks ago, I retwisted the roots that were obviously poking out of my yarn braids. They made the braids look even more realistic! Here are my locs today!

1 comment:

  1. how long did you keep your yarn braids in? Ive been locd up for a year and six months now and have had my yarn braids in for 4 weeks "/

    ReplyDelete