Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Impromptu Loc Updo!


Today was a great loc day for me! I accidently styled a very creative updo all by myself in about five minutes! Everytime I get on the forums at CurlyNikki I read about some loc'er who does pin ups all the time. I never understood how they did them so quickly and they turned out so beautifully. Well, today I found out. I was rushing to work and didn't want to wear my curls out. Instead, I decided to quickly pin my hair up. I twisted the left side of my hair in pinned it, but that was taking too long. Flipping the locs back and twisting them around was all I had time for. I pinned the unruly ends, grabbed some big dangly earrings, and ran to the car. When I got to work, I received tons of compliments! I couldn't believe the style was all that cute, especially since I hadn't even seen the back! I saw how cute it actually was later on when my friend snapped a picture for me. I couldn't believe I did that so fast and by myself! I will definitely pin my hair up more often. My curls from yesterday gave the style more volume I think. Anyway, I love it.

Advice: Try something new and different! Don't be afraid to try different things with your locs! I never did any pin up styles as a loose natural, and I didn't even think my locs were long enough to do anything with. I proved myself wrong. I can come up with creative, quick styles that will probably prove useful when school starts back up.

What was your cutest impromptu style?

No comments:

Post a Comment