Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Idea for Womanist Ink

I just had an epiphany! I'm pretty positive that I want this to be my womanist tattoo! Okay, it's a little difficult to imagine so just bear with me. To the right, is the feminist symbol. This was my boring idea of a tattoo to assert my feminist identity. As you all know from this post, I have been searching for a better idea. I have learned that I identify more the the ideals of womanism than feminism. I want a tattoo to show that I am a womanist, not a feminist. Soooo behold, my brilliant idea!

Alright, imagine the body of a curvy black woman, all in black. Her right fist is raised with the woman symbol around it. Basically, the arm from the feminist symbol (which is actually the Black Power Symbol) is connected to a black woman. This woman also has her head down and to the side. I think that this is an excellent portryal of myself as a womanist. The only thing I wonder about is the hair. Should she have a fro or locs? After all, I have locs, and the tattoo is a representation of myself and my identity.

Anyway, what do y'all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment