Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Locaversary, Yarn Braids, and Biotin: An Update

Hey! I'm two days away from my six month locaversary and my hair is in yarn braids! I did this completely by accident. I didn't realize while I was putting them in that my locaversary was so darn close. *sigh* I won't get to actually see my locs on this special day. I've had the yarn braids in for less than a week, so there's no way I will be taking them out so soon. Oh well! I will be learning patience while I wait to see my babies again.

Anyway, my yarn braids are very thick this time. I mentioned this in my video, but I think that this is due to the growing thickness of my locs. I always try to match the thickness of the braid to the thickness of the loc. This time, I required a lot more yarn to braid my babies. I love how thick they are! It gives me an entirely different look. We'll see how my actual locs turn out.

I know I haven't talked much about a regimen of any kind for my locs. That's because I do not have one! I am terrible at regimens for my body besides brushing my teeth and taking showers, to be honest. I even suck at vitamins. Even though this is true, I bought some biotin vitamins from Amazon.com today. They were only $8 and I have an Amazon gift card, so I figured they would be worth it even if I fell off the regimen. I will be taking 10000mgc pills everyday as often as I remember. My friend told me that they have been excellent. She says that she has noticed her hair becoming stronger and having less pimples. I have awful acne scars, but not so many breakouts anymore. I've heard some say that the vitamins have helped their skin while others say the exact opposite. I will definitely let you all know what happens! I'll also post the exact brand I bought in the next post.

Until next time!

Update 4/26/12
I got my Biotin pills in the mail today! The brand is Natrol, and they contain 10,000 mgcs of biotin. This is the maximum strength. I took one today and became slightly nauseous. I was at fault though, not the pills! I was supposed to take it with a meal and I didn't. I know better next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment