Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ashamed of my Short Locs? Me?

Lately, I've been hearing from fellow loc'd friends that I am ashamed of  my short locs. As you all know, I've had two sets of yarn braids since I started loc'ing including the set I have in now. I love seeing myself with long hair, especially long hair that resembles locs. My scalp is itching like crazy even though I keep my yarn braids clean and moisturized. I was thinking about taking them out, but I'm not sure how my locs will look. What will I do with them? *sigh* I love my locs, but I want them to be long. I know it's my hair and my journey, but I want long hair! Missing my own hair might make me sacrifice my long hair (yarn braids).

Has anyone else had similar problems?

3 comments:

  1. For a few months, when I started my locing process, I had in twist extensions over my locs. I liked it, but after a few months it felt false. Soon, i also realized that the weight of the extension was affecting my locs by pulling hair out. For the health of your locs I would suggest you consider giving your hair a break from the yarn braids. Feel it out, give your hair a break, and if you hate it, return to the braids. Just a suggestion :) have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for your experiences! I agree that locs definitely have to breathe to stay healthy. I kept my yarn braids in for a month exactly. I only got them because a retwist wasn't in the future for a while. I love my babies, and I'm currently rocking them and accepting their length. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. totally, I had long red locks that I cut off. I regretted it, now I'm growing them back. My hair was passed shoulder length, now it's two inches, but Yes i, it is a journey. I n I trod the way to grown them back but this time I N I is positively different

    ReplyDelete