Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Sunday, April 8, 2012

First Time Dyeing my Locs! Part 2

 As I rinsed the dye out of my hair, I knew that absolutely nothing had happened. There was no change in my hair color in the slightest. Maybe the back of my hair has a tiny red tint, but it's virtually undetectable. I probably should've used HiRez, Textures N' Tones, or Dark and Lovely. I think my fascination with dyeing my hair is gone now after this mishap. Oh well. At least I got it out of my system right? My texture loosened a little bit because my longest layer is reaching the base of my neck without me stretching it. None of my locs unraveled, which is a good thing. Before and after pics after the jump...
Before                                                                                       After














Exactly the same except they fluffed up. No more dye for a looooong time. Later.





2 comments:

  1. Yeah all box dye is not created equally. Garnier pure color is good, Feria is good, Texture and Tones is good, Creme of Nature also good. They tend to provide more lift/deposit action in one step than anything else. If you decide to color again I wish you luck... of course I'm addicted to coloring what do I know lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I haven't completely given up on color. I was just super upset! But yes, I'll definitely use a dye catered to black hair that has more lifting power. Thanks girl!

      Delete