Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Sunday, April 8, 2012

First Time Dyeing my Locs! Part 1

For about three weeks now I've been holding on to some dye for my locs. Horror stories with bleach in the past kept replaying in my mind. I've only had one, and it took a long time to damage my hair, but I've been scared to dye again nonetheless. My locs are very, very special to me, and I don't want to do anything to hurt them. They are still young, almost six months old. I know many people who dye around this time or even earlier. Their locs come out fine. Today, I will take the plunge and dye my babies.
I've heard that Textures N' Tones is a great dye for locs. To me, all box brands are pretty much the same, just marketed to different people. My mother, coupon queen, convinced me to buy two boxes of Clairol Nice'N Easy. One is a foam while the other is regular dye. I want my locs to be two-toned : Natural Dark Caramel (120B) in the front and Light Auburn (6R) in the back. I want the results to look natural, that's why I will not be bleaching my hair first.

I'm so nervous! My friend will be helping me since I'm dealing with two colors. I should be alright though. I'll show before and after pictures when I'm done! Talk with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment