Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Sunday, April 1, 2012

What Do Your Locs Feel Like?

Lately, my hair has been going through some definite changes. I read this post on CurlyNikki Forums, and I could definitely understand where these loc'd ladies were coming from. My hair has certainly transformed over the past five months. I think the most drastic transformation occurred within the past two or three months.
Overall, my hair has become super firm. I can tell they aren't dry because they feel amazing. Recently, the jewel thief from this post said that my locs looked luscious and pretty. I was flattered, of course. I try to take very good care of my locs and keep them moisturized. Anyway, lots of people still don't even know that I have locs. I guess they don't look like stereotypical locs, maybe? Whatever.

I constantly squeeze my locs, and they feel soft, firm, and pliable. I know soft and firm are pretty contradictory, but that's how they feel. The outside is very soft, but the inside is noticeably hard. My babies have lost their coiled pattern; their shape is now tubular. I had no clue what my hair would feel like at five months or at any point. The experience of feeling and seeing them grow and change has been excellent.

What do your locs feel like at your stage in the journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment