Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Open for Business! Layci the Little Loctitian!

I've officially converted my love for others' locs into money! The guy from this post is paying me to retwist his locs this weekend, and I'm very excited. I recently deep cleansed (using ACV and Baking Soda) and retwisted a friend's locs. I loved the experience. Strangely enough, I was super nervous before I started. I felt responsible for the well being of his locs. He and all of my friends said that they turned out great. His water from the deep cleanse was super murky. He's had locs for six years and has never tried anything like the cleanse before. Anyway, I love doing other people's hair! (I did my friend's yarn braids the same night, yes, one night.) Being able to turn a hobby like hair into a tiny business would be excellent for my college, no-meal-plan-havin' self. I've definitely told all my loc'd buddies that I would love to retwist their locs. We'll see what happens. I'll post pictures of my "client" for y'all and everything!

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Salon locticians are expensive!!! And many don't even have dreads themselves.

    I wish more loc'ers offered to do each others hair cause who knows loc'd hair better than the people that have/had locs?

    Looking forward to the pictures :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, he didn't show up to get his locs done >_<. I definitely agree! Loc'ed people should definitely do each others' hair. A friend came over today to get his locs retwisted, but I didn't take pics. I will next time though!

      Delete