Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Friday, March 23, 2012

Black Feminist Ink

I'm desperately itching for a new tattoo. After I got the first one, I swore up and down that I wouldn't get another. We all know how that goes. This one will be my last (I'm pretty sure), and I know exactly what I want, kind of.
I'm looking for a black feminist tattoo. My major, Gender and Women's Studies, has opened my eyes to a lot of things. I've become extremely interested in activism and equality. I was thinking of getting the feminist symbol: the woman symbol with a clenched fist. Recent events like the murder Trayvon Martin are making me think again. Yes, I am a feminist, but I am a black feminist. I want to embrace this intersection, and I want a tattoo that reflects it. Unfortunately, I'm not very creative when it comes to drawings. I have, however, asked a few friends to draw something up for me.

If you have any ideas, let me know! Quotations, symbols, whatever are cool with me. I'm completely open, just send me a picture or idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment