Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Five Months and a Retwist

Hey hey! It's March 22, 2012, and I'm officially five months and two days into my lovely loc journey! On March 20th, my locaversary, I got my hair professionally retwisted. It was awesome. It felt great having someone else scrubbing my scalp, and I mean scrubbing. My locs stayed amazingly in tact. They rarely unraveled in the past, but this time was amazing. I didn't look like I had a very separated fro!
The retwist came out great, and my hair is definitely growing. I should've taken a picture right after because they have already shrunken up. The longest layer of my hair lays on my collarbone now. The shortest layer reaches past my nose. I'm mostly loc'ed too! I'll probably be completely loc'ed within the next couple months.

I must say that this, my third time to the loctitian, made me think about some things. I'm not really sure that I want to go again. Yes, it was wonderful having someone else do my hair. She even switched gels before I asked her to. (The gel she was using before was some weird goopy texture I could peel off my locs. NOT THE BUSINESS!) The problem is that I don't know if she understands my locs as much as I do. As you all know, I started my locs myself. I love that they're different sizes and unevenly parted. They're my own creation. She clipped some of the curly ends I love so much. It really hurt my heart. I have two thick two strand twists in the front where the coils wouldn't stay. They are significantly thicker than most of my locs, but I love them! She wants to separate them to even out the size. *sigh* I know she's a professional, but this is MY journey and MY hair. I love my thickums! Here's a pic of my two thick ladies beside an average size loc that I have. They are pretty huge!

Anyway, that's how my five month locaversary went. Bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment