Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Dream Summer Job!

Sooo, I might just have the perfect summer job lined up! A girl in class yesterday told us about this activist organization who's hiring. I love activism! As a Gender and Women's Studies major, activism is a huge part of what we learn and are encouraged to do. This job will allow me to be involved in campaigning for issues that impact women all over the US and get paid for doing it. That is huge! My phone interview is tomorrow, and I'm really excited! I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. How did your phone interview go?? It's awesome finding potential work that is actually in your field or that you're interested in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, this job was not what I was looking for. They mentioned words like "canvassing" and "fundraising". Basically, myself and others would be going door-to-door asking for money to support different causes. I'm not particularly fond of that, so I turned the job down.

      Delete
  2. Oh I probably would have turned that down too. I don't really like door to door type of stuff either

    ReplyDelete