Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Friday, March 9, 2012

My First Loc Style (with Yarn Braids)!

I have some exciting news!!! I styled my hair for the first time! Weeeell, I didn't tell y'all this, but I put some yarn braids over my four month old locs. My scalp was itching so much, and I had the extreme urge to wash my hair all the time. I won't be getting my locs retwisted for about two more weeks now, so something had to be done. I decided that yarn braids were a great option. I've learned how to take really good care of them because I had them twice, each time for about month. Anyway, yesterday was unusually warm, so I decided to get cute on 'em! I got compliments all day! The style was very easy. I have a crooked basket weave going on in the back. Then, I simply rolled the remaining locs into a sort of pompadour. I felt like a queen all day! This was my first time doing something fancy since I've had locs (and yarn braids). I really enjoyed it. Now I have to find more fun styles to do!

2 comments:

  1. I really like that style!!! Super cute!! Glad you're enjoying your yarn braids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yarn braids are wonderful, but I'm starting to miss my locs. They'll be coming out next week.

      Delete