Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Friday, March 2, 2012

The Search for Loc Jewelry

Hey! Lately, I've been on the search for some cool loc jewelry. I don't want those coils or cowrie shells that everybody seems to have. I'm looking for something unique. YouTube has shown me that many people make their own jewelry. I don't to do all that! I just want something special. I've seen people tie litte coins and things to the ends of their locs. A little elephant fell off of a necklace I have, and I lost the chain. I'm considering tying that to one of the ends of my locs. Cute right? We'll see. lol Once I find it, I'll see how looks!

Do you have unusual/unique loc jewelry?

3 comments:

  1. Check out Etsy, there's all sorts of different loc jewelry out there! I'm actually getting into making loc jewelry, I love it! My Etsy shop will hopefully be opening sometime this summer. I'm looking for more inspiration though, because you are right, everyone does the same thing with the spirals and cowrie shells. I want something more unique and original! Is there something specific you would be interested in? I'd love to throw some ideas around and possibly make some for you if we come up with something unique.

    -Mstokes2008

    -Mstokes2008

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I'll be looking forward to the opening of your Etsy shop! I've started making my own, and I can see why everyone does those spirals (lol). Anything else is pretty difficult. I want some things I can tie to the ends of my locs that aren't shells. I'm also looking for some earring like dangly things. These are horrible descriptions (lol)! Maybe I can find some pictures that show what I mean.

      Delete
    2. lol it just takes awhile to get the hang of it. I have some Asian coins that I am planing to attach to the end of my locs somehow. Haven't quite figured out how though. lol. I have pics of my first designs on my blogs but am currently working on creating something more intricate and original lol. I have actually heard of people using random earrings as loc jewelry. Sounds interesting, but I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet lol

      Delete