Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Kindle Consideration

I've always been a physical book reader. I love seeing my progress as I flip the pages and holding a good book close. With soo many e-readers coming out, I swore I would never own one. My mother and grandmother both have Kindle Fires. They both still read physical books though. Somehow, I feel pulled to the side of the e-readers. I'm starting to realize the benefits to having an e-reader handy. Books are expensive for a college student! Textbooks alone run me hundreds of dollars. I rarely have money to purchase books for leisure. Also, I hate carrying leisure books in my bag with my textbooks and notebooks. They just become extra luggage. It would be so much easier to through an e-reader into my bag than a chunky book. My mom suggested that I purchase the original Kindle which is only $79. Thankfully, I am working for the summer, so I will certainly have the money to spare. I will still read physical books whenever I can, though! I refuse to fully surrender to technology! Two covers and pages will always be my preference, but a Kindle would be great too.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Love your blog! I am five months into my loc journey and got lots from reading your past posts about your locs. I too am an avid reader and love reading physical books, however I came up on the original kindle because my mom had an original and upgraded to the kindle fire and gave me her original. I have to say that I was not really for it in the beginning. However there are LOTS of benefits such as the ones you pointed out. Im a fast reader so often i will finish one book and start another right away, if i was carrying physical books it would be way to heavy lol. Additionally, there are alot of free and cheaper books that i probably would have never purchased had they been physical books but for 99 cents I have read some surprisingly good books. I dont want the kindle fire because i will most likely do all of the other things besides read books lol so Im happy with the original. Hope that you get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so late responding smh. I'm glad you love my blog! I did actually end up getting the original Kindle! It's amazing, and I love it. One of the best parts to me is how long it stays charged. I haven't charged it since I got it and I read it almost constantly. I will still read physical books, but I love my Kindle too. Thanks for checking out my blog! :)

      Delete