Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Journey Has Begun!

Good morning! Well, it's actually 2:08pm, but I'm pretty much just beginning my day. Anyway, I felt like I should write a little something about how I'm starting my locs. I'm doing them completely by myself! As an unemployed college student, professional locs are out of the question. I feel like I will be closer to my locs by doing them myself, though. I love doing my own hair (most of the time). As you know, my hair is pretty much collarbone length when stretched. My hair is a 3c/4a mix, and the front and back of my hair is considerably looser than the rest. I did single strand twists or coils on my entire head. Only the very front of my hair needed two strand twists. I used EcoStyler Gel at first, but I switched to Jamaican Mango and Lime Locking Gel. Officially, I began my loc journey on Thursday, October 20, 2011. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment