Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Are my babies 'bout to bud?!

It hasn't even been two whole weeks yet, and I have definitely noticed a change in some of my starter locs. A few random coils are beginning to feel firm near the root. This change makes me excited and cautious simultaneously. I'm not sure why some are making progress while others are unraveling every two seconds. My locs are definitely starting to feel like my own little children. Some are more advanced, coloring in the lines, while others are busy eating the crayons *smh*. I love them all nonetheless.

Anyway...I let the loc'ed duded from the Commons squeeze a couple of my babies. He said that in a couple weeks, the firm locs will be loc'ing all the way down. That is only a little less than a month since their installation. Is that too fast? I know that everyone's hair is unique and different, but dang one month? Maybe this is some weird stage before they begin to bud. From what I've read, the budding stage is full of frizziness, balls of hair at the ends, and a firm ball in the middle. My locs are not frizzy at all and there are no balls at the ends. The firmness is not at the root, but right under it.

I'll be happy if my hair locs fast. My only worry is for the poor stragglers. Some of the coils in the front aren't even coils anymore! They look like loose hair with a twist at the root. I wish I could show you all. Maybe I'll make a video (even though I hate my voice), just so you all can see exactly what I mean.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment