Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

My First Wash and Retwist

After three weeks and one day, (Nov. 11)  I shampooed my hair for the first time! I was very, very nervous about my coils unraveling. So many people were telling me that three weeks was too early to wash my hair. I couldn't wait though! I talked about how I wet my hair in my last post with very good results, so I figured everything would work out. I was right! My hair feels nice and clean. I really missed feeling water move through my hair.

To retwist, I used my Jamaican Mango & Lime Locking Gel (Resistant Formula). It took about an hour and a half. My arms were sooo tired after! I was using clips, which I hate. I saw Chescalocs video about how she retwists her hair without clips.


I though my babies were too short, but I figured it was worth a shot. This method definitely worked for me. It was super fast and not using clips was great. The last step, putting them in a ponytail, diiidn't quite work in my favor. Instead of a ponytail, I had two small pineapples. Now my hair is separated in the front and back and kinda weird. It's alright though. I found a method that mostly works. Yay!

I honestly need to put some more pics up here! I'm pretty sure some of my babes are budding. I'm finding tiny knots in some of my smaller locs, while others are getting firm without any signs of buds. I have no clue if that's normal or what. *shrugs* I'm letting them do their thing lol. I like the little knots though. I promise pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm considering trying this method when I retwist my hair in the next week or so. I HATE using clips and they just take to long lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, I've learned how to properly use clips! lol I do like this method though. I will probably return to it when my locs are longer. Let me know how it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete