Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goals for 2012

I thought of this post while reading Darker Than Brown's post about her own hair goals. When I cut my hair in May/June 2011, I knew that I would take this opportunity to relearn my hair. I made goals for myself too. They were:

  • Healthier hair
  • A definite regimen
  • APL hair by February 28, 2012 
  • Better knowledge of products for my hair
  • Ability to listen to my hair
  • Knowledge and implementation of many, many different hairstyles
I accomplished many of my goals with my loose hair. I definitely moved my hair to a higher level of health. I even formed a stable regimen. Listening to my hair is still somewhat a challenge, but I am getting much better at it. I even know a few styles! Starting locs has made my goal of APL hair pretty impossible. I have so much shrinkage that it's ridiculous. I'm alright with it though.

Goals for 2012 are certainly in order. Here they are:
  • More baby loc friendly styles
  • Regular trips to the loctitian
  • A definite loc regimen
I'm sure I'll come up with more soon. Until next time...

1 comment: