Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Friday, December 2, 2011

My First Trip to the Loctitian: Part 1

Hey lovelies! As I've told you all before, my birthday recently passed aaand my family isn't super supportive of my new decision of loc'ing my hair. I made the decision to start and maintain my locs myself because I feel that doing so would bring me closer to my hair and help me work on patience. My mother and other loose people, however, disagree completely. They think that my locs are messy because I am doing them. Nevermind the fact that my hair is going through the many stages necessary to loc'ing. Anyway, my mom decided to "surprise" me by taking me to our natural hair stylist who is also a loctitian. I absolutely love her! She did my loose natural hair for about two years, and my hair reached exciting new lengths with her. In any other situation, I would love having her fingers in my hair again. Buuuut, my loc journey was supposed to be mine! *Disclaimer* I do not believe that loc'ers who are regularly maintained by loctitians do not have their personal relationships with their locs.

Here's a picture! Not the one's that I've been promising, but just a picture.


*Sigh* My appointment is tomorrow at 9am. I'll update you on my feelings, what she says about my progress so far, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment