Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those starting locs or considering them! Follow me on my loc journey. It should get interesting...

Saturday, December 3, 2011

My First Trip to the Loctitian: Part 2

Wellll, I got back from the loctitian, Jocelyn, about an hour ago, and I look a like a completely different person. I'm feeling a lot of different things right now. Let me tell you how it went down:


  • Step 1: Initial Feelings
    • Firstly, I was upset that I even had to go to the loctitian. (Check out my post My First Trip to the Loctitian: Part 1.)
    • I was a little unsure as to how Jocelyn would respond. Of course, I know my locs are nice and healthy, buuut I didn't know what a professional would say about them.
  • Step 2: Remarks from my Loctitian
    • She said my locs were fine! My mother asked Jocelyn why my locs aren't neat like hers. Jocelyn told her that you cannot compare two heads of locs. Plus, Jocelyn is a year into her journey. It's only been six weeks for me!
    • Jocelyn told me not to use water to wash my hair for a few weeks :(. She used Seabreeze and some dry shampoo instead of water.
  • Step 3: My Reaction
    • My hair is super close to my scalp. I don't like how it looks at all. I will definitely be wearing a scarf until my hair loosens up.
    • I like how my hair feels. My locs feel harder and firmer. I think this gives me a pretty good idea of how my locs will look, hopefully thicker though.
    • I'm sooo happy that I didn't have to do this myself! I loved getting my hair done professionally as a loose natural. Now, I'm enjoying it loc'ed too.
Overall, I enjoyed my experience. Jocelyn explained some things to my mom while saving my arms and getting my locs hooked up. I have another appointment in about four weeks. Here's a couple pictures of my results!


Looks completely different from yesterday huh? Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. you locs look great!

    I had my first visit to a loctician over a month ago and was so spoiled by it. I too loved not having to do my hair, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm definitely spoiled now lol. I can't wait til my babies fluff back up though. I love the look my fluffy locs give me.

    This is Layci. For some reason, Blogspot won't let me comment on my own posts right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know what you mean. though i love a professional retwist i miss the fullness lol

    ReplyDelete